Welcome

Please join me for wedding planning tid bits, domestic experiments and fun times with J and I!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Dinner for two and some pretties!

Hello!

My, it has been a long time since I last posted! Time goes by so fast!

We have added a new member to the family, Max! Our Goldendoodle baby was my birthday present from John to me. Isn't he precious? This pic was taken down at the farm.
We have also both taken new jobs, still with the bank of course. I am so happy to be at home at lot more! We get to actually eat dinner together in the evenings now!
Here is what I made for dinner tonight, Homemade Cheesy Potato Soup:


Here is a super easy-peasy crock pot recipe for you:

- 5-6 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (I did mine the night before and stored them in the fridge in an air-tight covered Pyrex bowl
- 2.5 cups water
- pinch of pepper
- couple tsp of chicken flavored boullion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (again, I did these the night before and stored in the fridge)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 120z can evaporated milk
- Bacon bits and dried or fresh parsley

1. Throw potatoes, water, pepper, boullion and onion in slow cooker, cook on low 8-9 hours
2. Come home, add cheese and milk to pot and cook on high 30 mins
3. Serve topped with bacon bits and parsley

I made a little run to one of my favorite places (Homegoods) over lunch today and found these little guys:


I couldn't resist the white little soup toureen and the other little crocks, plus the bamboo trays. I thought it was all just perfect for a cozy night in with a hearty soup!


Dinner for 2!

Oh and I did promise some pretties didn't I? In honor of Valentine's Day, I leave you with this:


Pretty red tray (Thanks Ma Bull!) and gorgeous silver tea sets (Thank you 'lil Bro!)


Red rose topiary and red candles in my Ikea lamp

Happy Monday!

~ H

1 comment: