Welcome

Please join me for wedding planning tid bits, domestic experiments and fun times with J and I!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Domestic Saturday

Yesterday I got all my chores done pretty early and decided that I wanted some Valentine's Day decor since I have taken down all the Christmas things and the house looks a little bare. I thought about going out to the craft store to pick up a pretty wreath or something, but was just too tuckered out to go anywhere. Instead, I got out my scrapbooking box, pulled out all the pink/red paper I could find, glue, scissors and yarn, and make this cute little banner/streamer (whatever you want to call it) :) There, the entry looks much better now!


After feeling so motivated using things I had laying around the house I decided why not make breakfast for tomorrow too? Looking into the pantry I was able to come up with this:




A pretty little "Everyday Cake" (recipes for these are so simple and are online everywhere if you look) topped with lemon icing (could not believe all this takes is a cup of confectioner's sugar and two tablespoons of lemon juice, it is Heavenly!).



Of course I had a little slice for breakfast today (I absolutely consider cake to be a breakfast food!) and the rest will be packed with J's lunches this week for his "sweet" as I am all out of cookies!

H

No comments:

Post a Comment